The Apostolic Nunciature in Uganda announced on Tuesday that on October 25, 2022, Holy Father Pope Francis named Rev. Fr. Dominic Eibu, M.C.C.J., Bishop of the Diocese of Kotido.
In a statement released by Luigi Bianco, the Apostolic Nuncio to Uganda, the Diocese said that it had accepted the Rt. Rev. Giuseppe Filippi, M.C.C.J.’s resignation from the pastoral care of the same Diocese because he had reached the age limit set by the church.
Prior to the next Bishop taking canonical possession, Bishop Filippi has been designated as the Apostolic Administrator of the Kotido Diocese.
The Apostolic Nunciature desires to congratulate the new Bishop Rt. Rev. Dominic Eibu, M.C.C.J. and to invoke abundant blessings upon his pastoral ministry. Many thanks to Rt. Rev. Giuseppe Filippi, M.C.C.J. for his generous service as Bishop of Kotido from 2009.
- Uganda Certificate of Education (Moroto High School 1990)
- Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education (Apostles of Jesus Seminary, Moroto, 1993)
- Diploma in Philosophical and Religious Studies (Queen of Apostles Philosophical Centre, Jinja, 1996)
- Baccalaureate in Philosophy, Pontifical Urban University, 1996
- Baccalaureate in Theology, Pontifical Gregorian University, 2002
- Licentiate in Arabic and Islamic Studies, Pontifical Institute of Arabic Studies and Islamology, 2005, with the Thesis on Religious Freedom in Islam
Religious Profession and Ordination:
- Temporal Vows Profession, Comboni Missionaries of the Heart of Jesus, in Namugongo, 16th May 1998,
- Perpetual Profession, Comboni Missionaries of the Heart of Jesus, Rome, 12th January 2002
- Diaconal Ordination, Rome, 9th March 2002
- Priesthood Ordination, Lwala, Soroti, 15th August 2002 by the Bishop of Soroti Erasmus Desiderius Wandera
Ministries and Offices held:
- Director of Comboni Primary School, Khartoum, 2005-2016
- Vice provincial superior, Comboni Province of Khartoum, 2008-2013
- Member of the College of Consultors, Khartoum Archdiocese, 2013–2016
- Member and Secretary of the Council of Priests, Khartoum Archdiocese, 2013– 2016
- Secretary of Education Office, Khartoum Archdiocese, 2013 –2016
- Director of Sacred Heart Church School, Sakakini, Cairo, 2017–2018
- Member of the Education Committee of the UNHCR (Education Working Group), 2017–2020
- Member of the Committee of Organisations collaborating with the UNHCR (Inter Agency Working Group), 2017 – until the present date
- Member of the College of Consultors of the Apostolic Vicariate of Alexandria, Egypt, 2020 – until the present date
- Vice provincial Superior, Comboni Province of Egypt-Sudan, 2020 – until the present date
- Parish Priest, Sacred Heart Church – Sakakini, Cairo, November 2020 until the present date
Languages: English, Italian, Arabic, French; local languages: Kumam, Ateso, Lango, Acholi, Ngakarimojong, Luganda, Kiswahili.